Jingle the bells: Agforce is in the holiday spirit
The holidays are a perfect time to get involved in your community, donate your time and give charitably. At Agforce, we’re certainly in the holiday spirit! But not just because it’s the holiday season. We love giving back all year long, and make sure to prioritize community involvement no matter what the weather.
As we head into the 2019 holiday frenzy, we wanted to take some time to reflect on some of the awesome organizations we’ve had the opportunity to get involved with over the past year. Let’s take a look!
- Harvesters: We had such an amazing response to our Agforce food drive that Harvesters sent a small truck to our office just to pick it all up. Then, after the drive, we visited the Harvesters warehouse to help sort donations with our families. One of the Agforce team members’ kiddos said “Dad, you didn’t tell me this was going to be fun!”
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Kansas City: The Agforce team donated to and competed in their annual bowling fundraiser. Sure, we might have rolled almost as many gutter balls as strikes, but we had a great time doing it!
- Thelma’s Kitchen: We are so thrilled with the mission of Kansas City’s first and only donate-what-you-can café that we made a commitment to sponsor, serve and clean up after a meal at Thelma’s Kitchen every quarter! We just can’t stay away from Thelma’s inspiring atmosphere.
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace: SHP estimates that around 2.2 kids in the US sleep on the floor every night … and Agforce wanted to do something about that. Along with other area volunteers, we donated a Saturday to building 44 bunk beds for local kids.
- Synergy Services: Agforce sponsored and attended Synergy’s annual “Art Soup” fundraiser, where we sampled soups from area restaurants, enjoyed the artwork created by the kids in Synergy’s Youth Resiliency Center, and participated in a really fun auction. We had so much fun that we also put together baking baskets with recipes and materials, sponsored a fundraising cornhole tournament, volunteering at the holiday store and volunteering our time to make gingerbread houses with the Synergy kids.
- After the Harvest: We helped glean leftover apples from orchards (After the Harvest calls it “rescuing” the leftover nutritious fruits and veggies!) and distribute them to local shelters and food pantries.
- Fill a Backpack: Our team assisted a local church by filling 80 backpacks with all the supplies local kids needed to get ready for back-to-school.
2019 might be almost over, but Agforce isn’t done! Some of our future community involvement plans for the holiday season include:
- Decorating cookies and taking them to Rose Brooks Center and Safe Home
- Sponsoring an Angel Tree
- Donating to the Make-a-Wish Foundation
Where will 2020 take our spirit of volunteerism? Definitely back to some of the same organizations we assisted this year, and hopefully a handful of new ones as well! Happy holidays, everyone!
More from Agforce
Agforce: Your LTL Leaders
It’s pretty common that when a company is just getting off the ground, its entire…
Have lunch on me, KC!
Did you know that 15.6 million U.S. households were food insecure at some time during…