Great customer experience. It’s a hot topic right now across many industries, including transportation. But, how do you know you are getting the best experience? It may be a gut feeling, intuition, but let’s see if we can pinpoint some checklist items for a strategic evaluation. And, while we’re at it, let’s tackle why experience matters. It can be impactful to your business with consistent deliverables that free up your time. A great experience also means you have a business partner that is engaged in your success — and that equals a boost to your bottom line.
Ok, that’s all well and good, but what is a great customer experience?
Well, at its core it is convenience. Nothing about your experience with a vendor should be hard. With a 3PL that has created an exceptional customer experience, you should be walking on Easy Street. They’re going to excel at three things.
They will be in touch with you for anything that needs your attention in a timely manner. Communication will be proactive, and when you reach out, they will respond. You shouldn’t feel like things are murky or information is being withheld. Transparency will be apparent. Here are a few other things you should look for:
- Honesty: It’s the foundation of trust for a true partnership.
- A relationship: Is your communication meaningful? Can you feel a growing connection? Do they care about your success?
- Reliability: They should take ownership of what you task them with. If they cause you stress, move on. A great 3PL experience will be consistent and provide peace of mind.
- Vision: Do they seem to have a plan for improving your business? Look for a forward-thinking partner that helps you move the needle.
Enhanced performance comes from the right technology. Your 3PL should be able to spot trends and make recommendations to keep your shipping on track and on budget. In addition, they will provide you valuable, real-time data.
The royal treatment from a 3PL means they will have great technology, but they won’t hide behind it. They will invest in the right people. Beyond the right people, they will make sure you are working with the individual that best matches up with your business. How will you know they make their people a priority?
- Everyone you talk to is engaged. They take their time to understand you.
- The 3PL invests in their team’s growth with training and education.
- It’s not just lip service. They have the right people to execute the plan.
- Employees are all rowing in the same direction. They are like-minded, focused on the same outcome.
- You will feel like the center of the universe because the customer is at the center of everything they do.
- They will take a holistic approach. Not only will they know your shipping inside and out, they will understand your entire business model.
- Your representative will be collaborative — a true partner — because that is how their own team thrives.
With a great customer experience you will find an evolving relationship that focuses on your long term goals. The attention you receive will not stop after onboarding, but rather it will build into something meaningful for your business. A great experience with a 3PL will foster growth with consistent processes driven by communication, technology and the right people. Now you should experience this: Agforce. You’ll find a true partner that acts as an extension of your business and in your best interests. Together, we can free up your time, get you peace of mind and grow your bottom line. Give us a call at 877.367.2324 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.